Tuesday, October 16, 2007

First day

A Garden Spider of the genus Argiope, probably A. aurantia. They are found on fencerows, in gardens, and my front yard. They are rather large and intimidating, but are wholly harmless, and add a little drama to the fall of the year. Most of them have made their egg cases and passed on, but a few are maybe still out. Best time to see them is from July to October.
Northern Water Snake. These can be seen right now, though they will soon be looking for a denning place.

I just opened this account with the idea of sharing some of what I do here in the Blue Ridge. I have had some experience in writing, and plan on doing a good bit of it in the future.
Since the Mountains are in the Autumn cycle, I thought I would go through my photos and share a few of Autumn. Once I get used to this, I will probably be able to label them, but the one above is a blue Aster from last year. Davidson River near Brevard. These are all over the place now, though rather small due to drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Stay on topic, and do not SPAM with external commercial links that have nothing to do with my post. I have notification turned on, so it will never be published. Thank you.